Wednesday, March 28, 2012

iGod



































 Wood, nail, iPod, headphones. 5.5'' x 11.5''

Potentially too controversial for prospective employers, this new piece will have to land here for now. Which is goofy but true. It's really more of a commentary on our societies collective newfound habit of worshiping technology -which I call "iDolotry"- than anything to do with Christianity. (Crucifixion was a form punishment used by several major civilizations before the Roman Empire, and after.) Every time I see the masses with their heads down and hands clasped around their little phones and iPods or whatever, completely oblivious and their minds somewhere else literally high in the sky, it looks like praying to me. Brings a whole new perspective on "Cloud" technology and divine (AKA wireless) inspiration. The satellites are our angels beaming down at us from heaven, protecting us from not knowing who's posted to our Facebook...

A note about the logo: One friend told me this could be a meme (I had to look it up and still didn't get it. So another friend clarified, and told me to put a watermark on it. I later got paranoid and agreed, but I think it makes it look silly/poppy. I tried my hardest to make it look like the QAD was designed for it.

UPDATE:

Just happened upon this in a stack of papers, must be Lara's. But check the logo and compare it to the one I developed. Pretty odd coincidence...

No comments: